Internship Grant Application Information
The Auto Care Careers Internship Grant Fund is intended for college students majoring in programs that have direct application to the auto care industry, such as engineering, business, communication and information technology (IT). The fund was created to help ease the financial burden of temporary relocation for students who pursue internships in locations more than 100 miles from their permanent address. Grants will be in the amount of $2500 to contribute to the costs of round-trip travel from their permanent address to the internship location, lodging, utilities and food.
Application Materials Required:
Please download the forms below. All materials must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. The priority deadline is April 30, 2018; however, applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Students must complete the Internship Grant Application online. You are able to create a log-in and save your progress by clicking “Save and Continue Later” at the top of the page. You will need to provide your email address and create a password. This will be your log-in access in the future.
The application will require you to upload the following completed documents:
- Resumè or completed work & volunteer form
- Transcript from current educational institution
- Signed internship verification form
Complete your online application here.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Applicant must be enrolled in a college, university or trade school, with a major or primary area of interest that could be applied to the auto care industry. These areas include, but are not limited to, engineering, business, IT, communications, etc.
- Applicant must have been accepted for an internship from a company that is currently engaged in the manufacture, distribution, installation or sale of aftermarket parts or supplies to the auto care industry.
- The internship must be temporary, with a maximum duration of six months.
- The internship position must be located at least 100 miles from the recipient’s permanent home address and necessitate a temporary change of residence.
- Applicant must provide a signed internship verification form from a hiring manager at the company offering the internship, stating that the position is temporary and is relevant to the auto care industry.
- This grant is available to all sectors of the aftermarket including distribution, manufacturing, retail, business services and others.